May is Mental Health Awareness Month. The stigma around mental health and treatment has long existed, even though this has started to change. Still, people hesitate to seek help or even talk about it with their loved ones for fear of being judged. Help us bring awareness and raise funds for charities that provide mental health services, by participating in our virtual run/walk/bike that you can do from anywhere!
This race benefits the following mental health charities (donations are optional):
- NAMI, National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Mental Health America
- The Jed Foundation
- Project Sanctuary
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR VIRTUAL RACE
- Register for the race
- Complete a 5K, 10k or Half Marathon run/walk/bike at your convenience, any time, anywhere between May 1-31, 2023
- Submit your time (optional) to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate.
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RunsForAPurpose
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share and celebrate with other participants.
- Mental Health Awareness Medal
- Printable Race Bib
- Printable Finisher Certificate
HOW TO CREATE A TEAM
- Only 1 person needs to register and create a team name during checkout (team password is optional)
- Share your team name so others can join during registration
- When the 3rd person registers, the first 2 will receive a $5 refund and any other participants who join will automatically get the $5 discount at checkout.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I print my bib?
Once you register, go to your profile page and scroll down to the event listed. On the right, click "View Digital Bib"
- How do I print my finisher certificate?
Once you submit your time after completing the race, there will be an option to print your finisher certificate.
- Do I have to submit my time to get my swag?
No, submitting your time is optional, your medal and shirt (if purchased) will be mailed to you regardless.
- How do I track my time?
You can use any time tracking app available in the app store. Here is a list of the top 10 apps.
- How do I create a team?
During registration, you will setup a team name. Share your team name with others so when they go to register, they look for your team name to join. Once you have 3 people on a team, you each will get a $5 refund and anyone who joins after the 3rd person will automatically get the $5 discount.
- Do all team members have to run/walk together?
No, that is the great part about a virtual race! Each team member can run/walk at their own pace on their own time.
- Do all team members have to do the same distance?
No, each team member can choose to do their own distance.
- When will I get my medal/shirt?
Medals will start to ship toward the end of April through the end of the race. Shirts will ship after the race is over (after May 31st).
Registration includes: race medal, bib and finisher certificate.