National Mental Illness Awareness week is October 6-12, 2024. We believe that mental health conditions are important to discuss year-round, but highlighting them during Mental Illness Awareness Week provides a dedicated time for mental health advocates across the country to come together as one unified voice. That is why we are bringing awareness through our virtual run/walk, to help spread awareness and break the stigma!
20% of the proceeds go to:
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR VIRTUAL RUN
- Register for the race
- Complete a 1k, 5k, 10k, Half Marathon run/walk at your convenience, any time, anywhere between October 6-12, 2024
- Submit your time (optional) to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share and celebrate with other participants.
- Race Medal
- Printable Race Bib
- Printable Finisher Certificate
HOW TO CREATE A TEAM
- Only 1 person needs to create a team name during registration
- Share your team name so others can join when they go to register
- When the 3rd person registers, the first 2 will receive a $5 refund and any other participants who join will automatically get the $5 discount at checkout.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I print my bib?
Once you register, go to your profile page and scroll down to the event listed. On the right, click "View Digital Bib"
- How do I print my finisher certificate?
Once you submit your time after completing the race, there will be an option to print your finisher certificate.
- Do I have to submit my time to get my swag?
No, submitting your time is optional.
- How do I track my time?
You can use any time tracking app available in the app store. Here is a list of the top 10 apps.
- Do all team members have to run/walk together?
No, that is the great part about a virtual race! Each team member can run/walk at their own pace on their own time.
- Do all team members have to do the same distance?
No, each team member can choose to do their own distance.
- When will I get my medal and/or shirt?
Medals will start to ship mid-September through the end of the race. Shirts ordered by September 10th will arrive in time for the race. Shirts ordered after September 10th are not guaranteed to arrive in time for the race.