International Survivors of Suicide Loss Day is Saturday, November 18, 2023. Join us for this virtual run/walk/bike that you can do from anywhere. When someone dies by suicide, they affect everyone who knew and loved them. For those people, grief and trauma can be especially difficult. Because the death is self-inflicted, coming to terms with the reasons and the stigma associated with it often makes it hard to grapple with, which is why they need all the support they can get.
This race benefits the following non-profit organizations:
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR VIRTUAL RUN
- Register for the race
- Complete a 5k, 10k, or Half Marathon run/walk/bike at your convenience, any time, anywhere on November 18, 2023
- Submit your time (optional) to see how you placed and receive your finisher certificate.
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RunsForAPurpose
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share photos and celebrate with other participants.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I print my bib?
Once you register, go to your profile page and scroll down to the event listed. On the right, click "View Digital Bib"
- How do I print my finisher certificate?
Once you submit your time after completing the race, there will be an option to print your finisher certificate.
- Do I have to submit my time to get my swag?
No, submitting your time is optional.
- How do I track my time?
You can use any time tracking app available in the app store. Here is a list of the top 10 apps.
- Do I have to create a team?
No, by default, registration is for individuals, but there is an option to create a team.
- How do I create a team?
During registration, you will setup a team name. Share your team name with others so when they go to register, they look for your team name to join. Once you have 3 people on a team, you each will get a $5 refund and anyone who joins after the 3rd person will automatically get the $5 discount.
- Do all team members have to run/walk/bike together?
No, that is the great part about a virtual race! Each team member can run/walk/bike at their own pace on their own time.
- Do all team members have to do the same distance?
No, each team member can choose to do their own distance.
- When will I get my medal and/or shirt?
Medals and shirts will start to ship mid-October through the end of the race.
Registration includes: race medal, bib and finisher certificate.