We believe the need for diabetes awareness is more important than ever because of high-stakes issues like Affordability and Access, and public awareness on those topics are at an all-time high. Help us bring awareness and raise funds for great charities by participating in this virtual run/walk that you can do from anywhere!
This race benefits: The Children's Diabetes Foundation and The Diabetes Research Institute Foundation (DRI).
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR VIRTUAL RUN/WALK
- Register for the race and print your bib
- Complete a 1k, 5k, 10k or Half Marathon run/walk at your convenience, any time, anywhere between November 1-30, 2023
- Submit your time (optional) to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate.
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RunsForAPurpose
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share and celebrate with other participants. Don't forget to follow our Facebook page too!
- Diabetes Awareness Medal
- Printable Race Bib
- Printable Finisher Certificate
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I print my bib?
Once you register, go to your profile page and scroll down to the event listed. On the right, click "View Digital Bib"
- How do I print my finisher certificate?
Once you submit your time after completing the race, there will be an option to print your finisher certificate.
- Do I have to submit my time to get my swag?
No, submitting your time is optional, your medal and shirt (if purchased) will be mailed to you regardless.
- How do I track my time?
You can use any time tracking app available in the app store. Here is a list of the top 10 apps.
- How do I create a team?
During registration, you will setup a team name. Share your team name with others so when they go to register, they look for your team name to join.
- Do all team members have to run/walk/bike together?
No, that is the great part about a virtual race! Each team member can run/walk/bike at their own pace on their own time.
- Do all team members have to do the same distance?
No, each team member can choose to do their own distance.
- When will I get my medal and/or shirt?
Medals will start to ship the first week of June through the end of the race. Shirts ordered by October 7th will arrive in time for the race. Shirts ordered after October 7th are not guaranteed to arrive by November 1st.
Registration includes: race medal, bib and finisher certificate.